HUNTSVILLE FALL FAIR
CLICK ABOVE LINK FOR JUNIOR/INTERMEDIATE PRIZE LIST
Junior and Intermediate Prize List
Chairperson: Bonita Austin - 705-787-0312
Please note that all judges are accredited and are not affiliated with the Huntsville Fair.
- Only send one item unless otherwise stated,
- Follow all instructions to the letter. If in doubt call the chairperson
- Above ground vegetables must have only a 2 inch stem (5 cm)
- Onions are not to be peeled. Carrots and potatoes are not to be washed, just dusted
- Remove all dead or dying flowers from your entries. Be sure to leave no buds.
- Ripe vegetables are to show no green. Green vegetables are to show no colour other than green
- Entries are to contain only what is asked for
- When entry asks for plain white paper, paper should have no lines. Extra credit will be given to those who choose to decorate. This makes for a nice display.
- Vegetables should be all the same size and type in one category
- Oasis can be used for arrangements or designs
- When a category is to be named, we want what the article is: i.e. (pig,horse) and not a name for it i.e. (Sally/Joe)
Pay attention to details
- Date of the fair is Sept. 25, 26, 27 2020.
- Competition is free to juniors and intermediates
- Open to all children up to the age of 18 yrs. old, at the time of the fair
- Home schooled children must leave their phone number with the secretary
- All work must be done by the child. Parents and teachers are encouraged to offer advise and encouragement only
- All entries must be of current years work, unless otherwise stated
- Entry tags will be delivered to schools that request them. Tags will also be available at the fair office beginning the week of the fair
- Directors will not be responsible for lost, stolen, or damaged articles
- Only one entry is allowed in each category per exhibitor
- Prize money—1st-$2.00, 2nd-$1.50, 3rd-$1.00 unless otherwise stated. Prize money will be available for pick-up Friday, Sept.25th after 5:00 pm.
- Ribbons awarded up to sixth place
- Points—1st-6, 2nd-5, 3rd-4, 4th-3, 5th-2, 6th-1
- Entries can be brought to the fairgrounds · Monday, Sept 21 and Tuesday, Sept. 22 from 10 -5 , Wednesday Sept. 23 10:00 am to 9:00 pm and on Thursday, Sept.24 from 9 a.m. to 11:45am
- Entries must remain until 4:30 on Sunday, Sept. 27
- Pickup for entries will be after 4:30 on Sunday until 5:30 pm, Monday from 9:00 a.m. until 5:00 p.m. Anything left after those times will be discarded.